How to apply LIPITEARTM
20 single dose vials
Dosage: 1 drop, 3 to 4 times daily or according to the specialist’s prescription
Information for Use:
LIPITEAR™ is a micro-emulsion composed of an aqueous phase and a lipidic phase. The main components of the lipidic phase are the physiological constituents of the lachrymal fluid (phospholipids and medium-chain triglycerides). The submicroscopic lipid particles dispersed in the microemulsion protect the ocular surface by forming a thin hydrophobic barrier very similar to the lipid layer naturally contained in the lachrymal film.
LIPITEAR™ helps restore the microenvironment of the ocular surface which has been damaged due to an increased tendency to evaporation, an instability of the lachrymal film, refractive or other ocular surgery, traumas, use of contact lenses or prolonged exposure to computer screens. LIPITEAR™ enhances the physiological process of corneal re-epithelization following ocular surgery. Instil the eye drops before wearing the contact lenses to have a homogeneous distribution of the microemulsion.
Directions for use:
Wash and dry your hands thoroughly.
Before using, ensure the single dose vial is intact:
1 – Pull the single dose vial off the strip
2 – Rotate the upper part without pulling, and open.
3 – Instil 1 or 2 drops as needed or according to your specialist’s advice.
Special precautions and warnings:
- Do not use in case of specific hypersensitivity towards any of the constituents.
- In case of blurred vision, perform each activity only after resolution of any transient blurred vision that may occur immediately after application of the product. Ask the doctor if the symptoms persist or get worse.
- Rare cases of ocular irritation are possible after product instillation; in case of compared pain or visual reddening or visual disturbances interrupt the use of the solution.
- As for all ocular products there is the risk of blurred vision for some minutes after the instillation. Do not drive or use dangerous machines until the vision is normal.
- Do not swallow the solution.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Do not Instill LIPITEAR™ into the eye at the same time as other substances as the effect of these may be altered. Wait at least 15 minutes for the instillation of two different eye drops.
- Do not use the solution after the expiry date. The expiry date shown on the package applies to the product kept refrigerated (2°C – 8°C). Where not refrigerated (kept at temperature not exceeding 25°C), the product should be used within 60 days.
- Do not freeze.
- Do not use if the package is damaged.
- The product does not contain preservatives. Thus, after the container has been opened and the product used, the residual microemulsion, if any, should be disposed of to prevent any risk of ocular infection.
- The unidose containers should be kept in the aluminium bag, away from light.
LIPITEAR™ is a patented formulation by IOPtima Ltd.
CE 0123, LIPITEARTM is not approved for Sales in the US.
Manufacturer: Tubilux Pharma SpA, Via Costarica, 20/22 – 00071 Pomezia (RM), Italy